Re: Using 802.11g card with 802.11b router

dbarker@turing.cs.camosun.bc.ca wrote:
Well, having downloaded ndiswrapper 0.9 I've finally managed to get it
to talk to my broadcom 94306 builtin to my notebook.

Unfortunately iwconfig shows an access point address of 00:00: etc
which is, according to the man page usually aconfiguration error.

As my wireless router (it came free with the notebook) is only 802.11b
I'm wondering if there isn't something I have to do to get the card to
speak to the router.

Anyone any experience in this area?

i think the usual questions of;
 - are they both on the same channel ?
 - are they both using the same encryption key ?
 - are they both using the same ESSID (network name) ?
come to mind...

start with 'iwconfig' and check those details then,

just about everything you'll need to know will be linked from;
 <http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Wireless.html>

theres also; <http://linux.grmbl.be/wlan/>

cheers,

Kim