Using 802.11g card with 802.11b router

Well, having downloaded ndiswrapper 0.9 I've finally managed to get it
to talk to my broadcom 94306 builtin to my notebook.

Unfortunately iwconfig shows an access point address of 00:00: etc
which is, according to the man page usually aconfiguration error.

As my wireless router (it came free with the notebook) is only 802.11b
I'm wondering if there isn't something I have to do to get the card to
speak to the router.

Anyone any experience in this area?
--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |