Re: Debian Sarge 2.4 to 2.6 kernel upgrade has USB issues

Frans Pop a écrit :

On Sunday 15 August 2004 05:58, Seehow Youare wrote:
I have upgraded to the 2.6.6 kernel and ACPI works (Yay !!)
However no USB stuff works (boo !!) Mouse and built-in Synaprics
touch pad don't work so X isn't much use.

For Synaptics touch-pad:
Take a look at the xfree86-driver-synaptics package in Sarge/Sid.
also have a look at qsynaptics for configuring it.

I've uploaded the package last week, but I don't
think it will enter archive before Sarge release,
so it's available at:

http://qsynaptics.sourceforge.net/

X11 conf:
Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier  "SynapticTP"
   Driver "synaptics"
   Option "Protocol"   "auto-dev"
   Option "Device"     "/dev/psaux"
   Option "SHMConfig"  "on"
   Option "Emulate3Buttons"
EndSection

FYI, I'm running Sid on a Gericom Cinema XXL,
with synaptic and USB mouse running fine.

Arnaud