Re: new laptop recommendations?

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Robert Aldridge wrote:

> I'm running Debian Sid on an HP Pavilion zv5120us that I got at Circuit
> City about 3 months ago.  I did have to jump through some hoops to get
> the ATI Radeon 9000 IGP video card performing nicely, but I was

Is that the same as the Radeon U1? or a different chip?
I've been keeping an eye out for a working driver for the U1 for a while.

My HP Pavilion ze4430us works very well with everything (other than modem,
havn't tried it). Acpi works, including the lid switch, power button, temp
and fan sensors. It will not suspend (well, it will, but it won't ever
come back :)

i am using ndiswrapper 0.6 with the integraded Broadcom 54g wifi card,
with no problems (works great, even better than in windows, with windows'
own driver.. go figure..).

The only problem is i have to use either the vesa, or radeon (with some
extra settings that disabled 3d acceleration). It has a 64 meg card i
beleive, which preforms quite nicly in windows, but there does not seem to
yet be accelerated support under linux :(

-Quasar