pcmcia and wireless help =)

Hi all,

I am having problems with a new installation of debian woody (3.0), when it starts up it detects both my pcmcia wireless and wired network card and loads the required modules, no probs there.

the problem is that it seems the wireless card is detected as if its a wired interface, using ifconfig i can bring it up assign IP addresses etc.... but running iwconfig it tells me there are no wireless extensions, so i cannot set the wireless options, also editing /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts doesnt seem to work.

any ideas? i know the card works because i used it before both in red-hat (9) and suse linux (9.0/9.1) without problems, so this is debian related.

saying that this is my first go at using debian and i have noticed some differences compared to other distros, is there any special way of setting up wireless cards?

thanks