Re: suspend to disk while in X

Hi Matt,

Le 12633ième jour après Epoch,
Matt Perry écrivait:

> Hi,
>
> I recently got a Dell 600m laptop.  I installed linux on it, but I ran into a
> few snags that are pretty much keeping me from leaving linux installed on it.
>
> It has an ATI Radeon mobility 9000 graphics card, which I successfully have
> working in X.  However, when I'm in X,  and close the lid (which suspends to
> disk via echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep), the machine goes to sleep fine -- but
> when I wake it up, after it boots, my X display is all garbled.  After a
> second or two, it reboots a second time, and then is ok.  It's very annoying,
> though, to have to boot twice -- its both time consuming (>1 min) and power
> consuming.

I have a similar problem with a Dell C840, apm instead of acpi, and a
GeForce 4. What do you mean by "to boot twice" ? Is it "exit from
suspend mode twice" ?

I've tried the vt kludge, worked fine some times, but it's not a
good solution.

What I noticed: Sometimes, when opening the lid, the system run into
"resume suspend" mode, then go immediately into "critical
suspend". Then I close and reopen the lid, and the system is doing a
"critical resume".

AFAIK, "critical" apm is called with low battery status. I've no other
information about it.

Sometimes, the system freeze (no more keys but poweroff) after opening
lid, and I must reboot.

PS: Sorry for my english.