Re: suspend to disk while in X

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 10:17:22AM -0400, Matt Perry wrote:
> If I have X open, but switch to a console before closing the lid, it
will only
> have to resume once.  Then I just ctrl+alt+F7 to get my X session
back
> cleanly.  This leads me to believe it has something to do with the
video
> driver.  I'm using the free one that comes with X.
>
> Has anyone else had and/or fixed this problem?  I can't seem to
figure it out.
> And "just switch to a console before you close the lid" isn't the
answer I'm
> looking for :)

i have similar issues with ati mach64 driver (and other various
devices that don't like to suspend).

i have a whole suspend script that unloads some modules, shuts
some things down, and changes the console to a text console
before suspending.  is it acceptable to have it automatically
switch vt's for you?

#!/bin/sh
chvt 1
echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep