Re: processor speed

Look at something like powernowd which makes your CPU varying according
to your CPU load and independently of if you run on battery or not
(power comsumption is another important question for laptop but for me
it has to be solved differenlty than CPU frequency) . Try to install
powernowd, it is nice for laptop even if not the unique solution.
Nicolas Brouard