Re: solution: documentation packages for each laptop brand

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 10:13:29AM -0400, Charles McColm imparted:

> As a volunteer at a computer recycling centre I see a variety of laptops
> - though most are older models.
> The problem with relying on the linux laptops site is that information
> for some machines has changed over time, and quite a few of the machines
> are running a distro other than Debian -- which is a tragedy since
> Debian runs so well on my own notebook ;-)
> I'll see what I can do about training a few other volunteers here to
> install Debian on notebooks. If I can get other to volunteer they'll
> probably have a minimum of Linux-knowledge, so I'll probably have them
> do write ups in Open Office/Conglomerate, then convert it to XML.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Charles

I too work in computer recycling -- take donated hw, refurbish, open
source, donate to low income types..

We are attemtping to standardise a debian sarge install...

We just dont see many laptops donated, wish we did:((( But druver issues
remain the same..

*sigh* fun fun fun!!!!

r:)
--