Re: processor speed

Hi,

Ivan Glushkov wrote:
Since two weeks I have Debian 3.0 with kernel 2.6.7 on my Asus M6726NW laptop. My question is what does this mean:

Processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 9
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1500MHz
stepping        : 5
cpu MHz         : 600.281 ???
[...]

My Laptop, which has a Pentium III 650 also sometimes shows lower cpu frequency

Is my processor really running on 600 MHz? And if so, any idea why?
I would be greatfull for any hint.

Why not, this is high technology, Intel calls it SpeedStep i think, they are lowering cpu frequency when it is not used, so your laptop produces less heat, needs less power, battery lasts longer...

;-)

have fun with Debian
Chris