PCMCIA Ethernet net install problems

     Hi, I'm fairly new to Linux and I'm attempting to install Sarge on an
older Toshiba 610CT by way of floppy boot and net install.  I have a Lynksys
NP100 10/100 ethernet PCMCIA card however during the install process when it
comes to the detection of my hardware it fails in getting the card to work
and asks me to find it in a list of drivers which it is inevitably not in.
On the Lynksys website http://www.linksys.com/support/support.asp?spid=26 it
claims that any kernel older than the 2x generation (which I've been told
Sarge well surpasses) will have the nessecary drivers to automatically
detect the card.  Has anyone had any experience with this or similar cards
and how do I work around it?

-Eric