[no subject]

Philipp Weis said:

"Your partitions should be remounted by laptop-mode with a considerably
larger commit interval (600 seconds by default). Is this done
correctly on all your journaled file systems in laptop-mode (check
with mount)?

There is a problem with recent versions of util-linux that cause mount
to show a partition type of unknown for the root partition. In this
case, you have to manually remount your root partition because the
laptop-mode script does not recognize the partition type."

I'm using ext3.

I believe I have this util-linux problem because mount -l shows my root partition as unknown.

How do I manually remount my root system? I tried to use -o remount but it didn't work. I don't see anything about commit intervals in the mount man.

Thanks

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com