Re: laptop_mode doesn't seem to work: kjournald waking up disks frequently

Hi Jerome,

please set your subject correctly. Proper quoting would also be nice.

On 18 Jul 2004, Jerome Werner <jerome-werrner@excite.com> wrote:
> "Your partitions should be remounted by laptop-mode with a considerably
> larger commit interval (600 seconds by default). Is this done
> correctly on all your journaled file systems in laptop-mode (check
> with mount)?
>
> There is a problem with recent versions of util-linux that cause mount
> to show a partition type of unknown for the root partition. In this
> case, you have to manually remount your root partition because the
> laptop-mode script does not recognize the partition type."
>
> I'm using ext3.
>
> I believe I have this util-linux problem because mount -l shows my root partition as unknown.
>
> How do I manually remount my root system? I tried to use -o remount but it didn't work. I don't see anything about commit intervals in the mount man.

Use mount with "-o remount,commit=600" or any other appropriate
interval.

--
Philipp Weis          pweis@pweis.com
Freiburg, Germany     http://pweis.com/