Re: 2.6.6 on Dell Latitude D600

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:05:48 +0200
Paolo Bientinesi <pauldj@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
> VFS: Cannot open root device "hda2" or unknown-block(0,0)
> Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)
well, i think there are 3 posibilities:
- you have a wrong config in grub
- you forgot to compile the fs for your root-fs in the kernel, not as a
module...
- you forgot to compile in the ide, and/or the ide-disk driver

> Now the questions:
> -is there any way I can find the .config file used to generate a
> kernel-image package?
> -is there anybody who can send me the .config file for a 2.6 kernel?
well, debian kernel packages contain the config in
/boot/config-<kernel-version>

yours
Albert

--