Re: Fwd: Re: Going wireless

Ben, I appreciate your help. I'll visit the sites you provided me with.

> > Secondly, one my co-workers is right next to me and he is working
> just> fine with his wireless card in the windows world. That tells
> us that
> > there is an access point close by. At the hotel where I am
> staying at
> > there is also a WiFi network. I have been unable to scan a
> network on
> > either environment.
>
> I suggest you find out from your friend what settings his card
> produces
> i.e. essid, frequency etc. put all of that in your
> /etc/network/interfaces (assuming that is where you are putting
> your
> settings..

Well, that's part of the problem. I don't know how to pull that
informatio out his machine in MS-Windows world. :-)

[Your analisys about Windows and worms is pretty funny :-)]

Anyway, I think my problem relies in the fact that I cannot change any
of the values ndiswrapper puts there for me. Once the wlan0 device is
there, I have been unable to change essid, frequency, etc.

The only one parameter I have been able to change is the mode. Going
from ad-hoc to managed, but that's about it.

Well, thanks again. I will visit the sites to see what new I can learn.

-Marvin