De: MB <sparkynine@yahoo.com>
Fecha: Martes, Junio 22, 2004 2:17 pm
Asunto: Re: Fwd: Re: Going wireless

Marvin,

I think that I missed the begining of this thread, but if you know thatname ( essid ) of the network you want to connect to, then it is just:

iwconfig wlan0 essid Network_Name

If you want to try and connect to the strongest signal, then:

iwconfig wlan0 essid any

After connecting to the network, you will need to get an IP, something
like:

dhclient wlan0

Mark

--- Marvin Gerardo Aguero Salazar <maguero@racsa.co.cr> wrote:

David,

I've been trying all the different possibilities I can think of.

No change.  :-(

iwlist wlan0 scan still shows "No scan results".

I am sad about it. I am running out of ideas. :-(

I have read the howtos 100 times, have done thousands of tests to no
avail. :-(

I guess it is time for me to give thanks to all of you who have
helped
me, specially you David. I guess I've got to wait until I become

more> knowledgeable on linux and get a better understanding about this

whole
thing.

-Marvin