Re: Can I make my laptop mouse buttons lighter to the touch?

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 04:23:47PM -0400, Jerome Werner wrote:

> I have a compaq presario 700. It has synaptic touchpad and two buttons. First question, are the two buttons part of the touchpad or not? Also, I feel like I have to put a lot of pressure on the buttons to make them click. Is there a software way to make them more responsive? What drivers deal with those two physical buttons?

The two buttons are part of the touchpad, and are handled by the
synaptics driver (or ps2 driver if you prefer that), but they don't
have any pressure sensitive sensors, they are physical buttons, they
pass the click when the button makes the actual click. The touchpad
itself is a virtual button, it has a pressure sensitive sensor and the
and actual switch that is activated (its electrostatic as opposed to
mechanical), which is what makes it possible to play with the
sensitivity of the touchpad itself.

Its similar to a real mouse in that respect where you can play with the
sensitivity of the movement but not of the buttons.