external hard drive

Hello,

I tried to set up my new external hard drive (Samsung 160 GB, FDB 3.5"
SP1604N) using debian testing/unstable, Kernel 2.4.22-xfs.

I used fdisk to partition the hard drive into 3 approx. 50 GB partitions -
worked fine. Then I added in /etc/fstab

/dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 ext2 noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/sda2 /mnt/sda2 auto noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/sda3 /mnt/sda3 vfat noauto,users,exec 0 0

and did for each mkdir /mnt/sda1
2 and 3 respectively

but when I do:
mount /dev/sda1 I get
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda2,
       or too many mounted file systems

for sda2 I get that the filesystem can not be recognised.

after I rebooted I tried to run fdisk /dev/sda or sda1 but I receive an error:
Unable to open /dev/sda3

any idea how to solve that? TIA Martin

--
-----