Re: Keyboard problem

Ionel Mugurel Ciobica wrote:

On 17-06-2004, at 16h 25'16", Emil Carlsson wrote about "Keyboard problem"
I've gotten my keyboard to work just to the brink of one key! I need a swedish keyboard but it won't give me the key left of the space key, the key that generates < and >. It's fairly hard to program without them ;)

I realized the problem when I started to study C and was going to make my first program and I couldn't hit those keys... Greatful for help

/Emil

I understand that you have a 105 keys keyboard and you use a definition
for a 104 keys keyboard. What have you in the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file
for the keyboard? I have this:

Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier  "Generic Keyboard"
       Driver      "keyboard"
       Option      "CoreKeyboard"
       Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
       Option      "XkbModel" "pc104"
       Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
#       Option      "XkbDisable"
EndSection

Replace 104 with 105 and us with thw two letters for Swedish.
This will solve your problems under X. If you have the same problem
under the console, you need to add the definition for that key in
/etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz.

That line is:

keycode  86 = less             greater

or

keycode  86 = less             greater       bar

You may do that in /usr/share/keymaps/defkeymap.kmap if you have no
/etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz file.

Ionel

Thank you also, problem solved thanks to norton... and of some reason no matter what p10N I used it would work... but now it's working... =)