Re: PPPoE / Access Concentrator

On 16 Jun 2004 at 11:13, Daniel Pittman wrote:

> NB: It is much nicer to create a new thread rather than reply to an
> existing message and change all the details - some hidden features, like
> the `References' header, don't get changed that way, so your message
> shows up in the middle of another running subject...

Thanks for the tip; apologies to the person whose message i hijacked!

> That depends. Is this a "bridge mode" device, or does it handle the
> PPPoE layer internally?

My Zyair B-2000 V2 (I wasn't very precise in my last email) does handle PPPoE and
has a DHCP server; I could access the Internet with Knoppix for example without any
further configurations...I have a Toshiba Laptop and a D-Link DFE 660 Ethernet
Cardbus. The built-in firewall is enabled.

> How is this configured under Windows? From that we should be able to
> derive the operating mode correctly.
>
>        Daniel

Here is what my Zyair B-2000 v2 tells me:

IP Pool starting address: 192.168.1.33 (my IP)
Lan TCP/IP :192.168.1.1 (Gateway and DHCP server)
IP submask: 255.255.255.0
Multicast: none
RIP direction: both
RIP version: RIP-1
DNS Servers Assigned by DHCP Server:
217.237.151.33
194.25.2.129

Under Wan MAC Address
I have "Factory default" selected, instead of " Spoof this computer's MAC Address - IP
Address".

Under the DHCP table from the router i also noticed the hostname is not the one i had
given Debian. Could that be causing the problem?

Han