RE: Flickering screen on Acer Aspire 13xx

what's your laptop? which model?

Plus, I may have missed any message you posted before this one, but which OS
are you trying to install? which debian?

And what is your graphics card?

I have a 1355 and have experienced no problem at all running the testing
distribution of debian (sarge)