How do I revive my acpi laptop from a /proc/acpi/sleep 3 event/sleep

Hi, my acpi laptop says it supports sleep 0 3 4 5. Sleep 4 works well (hibernation). I revive the computer by rebooting and it loads up the swap image.

When I put it into sleep 3, it seems to go into standby fine. The problem is, how do I restart it? The keyboard is dead (pressing the keyboard revives it under windows). I see a flashing power light. I also have tried pressing the power button but this doesn't really do anything  except turn it off if pressed long enough. When the computer starts back up, the "session" is not saved. So how do I get my system to do a soft-stanby / sleep (as opposed to hibernation) under acpi sleep 3?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com