Re: via-rhine driver loads but does not connect

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 06:44:46PM +1000, Brendan Dacre wrote:
> Gentlepeople,
>
> I have a QDI Alacritas 520-K8 AMD 64 based notebook.  I have loaded Woody r0
> bf2.4 kernel from CD and no networking came up automatically.
>
> I manually loaded the via-rhine driver for the on board network chip but
> dhclient times out and I can get no network connection.

Could you send the appropriate output of dmesg please, the messages
which are shown, when you load the driver. What happens if you
configure the device manually with ifconfig?

	Werner

PS: It would be great if you would write a Linux installation report
about this machine and send the link to it to TuxMobil.org

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86