Re: PCMCIA WiFi cards?

these drivers (cards) are great.
http://prism54.org/supported_cards.php
(i have a wg511 not expensive and works well)

you can try http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/
(i've try it with a dlink card (Broadcom 94306), never work but ... )

for Atheros card,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/madwifi/
seems to work well.

summary of the current status
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Wireless.html

   Aurélien

Nate Bargmann wrote:

Hi everyone.

I'm thinking of getting an 802.11b capable PCMCIA card and I am looking
for one that is well supported in the later 2.4 kernel versions. Googling around it seems there is quite a bit of information that is 2 to 3 years old. What is the state of the current offerings vs. some of the older cards? Is there a site that I've yet to find that gives comprehensive information on the currently available cards. I know that the
manufacturers seem to change chipsets and models almost on a weekly
basis, so is there any hope of purchasing a new card and having it work
reliably in 2.4.2x?  I would prefer a current card supported by a GPL
driver rather than a hack using a proprietary one.  Is this possible?

If I must search for an older card, I can do that as well.  I would
rather purchase one new with a warranty, etc.  What vendors would you
recommend?

Perhaps I am just behind the curve and all this is really a non-issue,
but I am finding a dearth of current information on this topic.

Thanks!

- Nate >>