Re: usb debian

carex wrote in linux.debian.laptop:
>  Since a few days I am trying to install woody on a toshiba a30-404
>   - intel mobile P4
>   - intel 82852GM  (graphic processor)
>   - intell 82801 (usb + other things ... controller)
>   - intel 845G/GL chipset (sound controller)
>   - RTL8139 (ethernet)
>  But, untill now, I have no USB and no sound !!
>  I could do without sound but I can not without USB !!!

Have you looked at
http://ecologia.unex.es/linux/laptops/toshiba_a30.html?

It's in Spanish, but still has some useful info.  They seem to have
gotten sound to work with the snd-intel8x0 alsa driver (in 2.6).

The usb chip seems to be of the uhci-type.  Have you loaded the
uhci-hdc module (in 2.6 kernel, don't know what it's called in 2.4,
some surely something like uhci-usb), and installed hotplug?

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |