Re: [OT] Laptop in a pannier bag?

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 01:49:27PM -0400, Nicolas wrote:
> know if it is good for the laptop.  I live in Montreal and the roads are
> better in Arfganistan after a US bombing...  So i'd like to know if any of
> you ever put a laptop in that kind a byke and still have it (in working
> condition).

I've visited Montreal and I can vouch for the streets. I would not
recommend putting a laptop in a bike bag. Instead I'd consider finding a
shower at work...or possibly look into a back pack designed for riding a
bike that has some kind of frame. Some of the Camelbacks have this, but
they're designed for carrying water, not laptops. I personally use a
courier bag. It's over the shoulder so it's easier to roll it off my back
at stop lights for a quick breath of fresh air. It takes a little bit of
getting used to though.

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]