Re: Dell & Debian ?

Hi All,

On Sat, 2004-04-24 at 17:33, Stephen Birch wrote:
> Hi James
>
> My current laptop (like Marcus, above) is an Inspiron 8500.  No
> problems ... sound, NVidia X, and networking all worked well out of the
> box.
>
> The internal 802.11g is a truemobile 1300 which initially did not work
> because they seem to be ignoring Linux.

Yes, thanks James, I forgot to mention this.

I decided to purchase the system without this WLAN card, and opted to
get one outisde of Dell. After some research I bought a miniPCI Proxim
802.11/a/b/g Gold Card from a local reseller and it works fine under
Linux using the madwifi driver.

Cheers,

Marcus
     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft Corporation
     $       o_)$$$:   Frankfurt am Main, Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: