Re: can't connect to Xserver (127.0.0.1) anymore

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:46:18 +0200
Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

> Hello
>

> I am completely puzzled by the following:
>
> I execute  as a regular user : xhost + 127.0.0.1
> then say
> su
> setenv DISPLAY 127.0.0.1:0.0 (root uses tcsh shell)
Hi
I would actually do this instead:
xhost +local:
and then
setenv DISPLAY :0.0

first this should solve the problem because i think the problem is
simply that your xserver does not listen to tcp sockets in the first
place and second allow connection by local socket and not over tcp,
witch has andvanteges (hw acceleration for example) which do not hurt...

yours
Albert

--
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>