Failed to access the Debian archive

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Debian on my asus s1300 machine, but I haven't been
very lucky so far. I'm doing a net install I downloaded two days ago, I
downloaded the following ISO: sarge-i386-businesscard.iso
So far so good, burned it on an cd and started installing. Installation
kicked of nicely, I presume it downloaded some files from the mirror I
chose, and then Debian wanted to reboot. I agreed.
The problem I stumbled upon a few times now, is when Debian runs for the
first time, and "Configure apt " occurs.  First the base system
configuration claims not to be connected to the internet, which it is, no
PPP or anything, just a router with DHCP enabled between my precious Asus
and the rest of the world. Then when I choose my mirror to do the
downloading from, he right away claims: "Failed to access the Debian
archive", and further down the error message: "Temporary failure resolving
<some mirror>"I tried several mirrors. Heck, I tried all in my country.
Seems odd, since there was some downloading involved in the primary
installation, before the rebooting, if I am not mistaking.
A clue anyone?

Any help would be very much appreciated,

regards,

Karel Brascamp