Re: Latest Orinoco drivers

Itay Ben-Yaacov wrote:
I think that the orinoco drivers in the current kernel are pretty old;
the development drivers at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/orinoco/
are under constant development, and have many new features (in
particular scanning and the likes).

So my questions are:
1) Is there anyone packaging these sources, to make it easier
for the rest of us to compile recent modules (some analogue of the
"alsa-sources" package)?
2) I have been doing exactly that for my own convenience.  So if the
answer to 1 is no, should I try to get this package public, and how?
(I am not a member of the Debian project at the moment.)

1) A search at apt-get.org shows only orinoco drivers for usb devices, and I see none at backports.org.

2) Apart from becoming a Debian developer, you could host them yourself and register them with apt-get.org.

Or better yet, you might try contacting the driver developers to see whether they will host your Debian packages along with their other downloads.

Perhaps you could include the orinoco monitor mode patches in your packages as well.

dircha