Re: IBM R40e: external USB floppy does not work

On 14 Apr 2004, robsims@robsims.ipf.fc.hp.com wrote:

> You probably already have: /dev/fd0 /floppy auto user,noauto 0 0
> Change it to/add: /dev/sda /floppy auto user,noauto 0 0

Good point,

I have
/dev/fd0  /floppy  vfat  defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022  0  0

So I guess
/dev/sda  /floppy  vfat  defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022  0  0

Would  be the right thing, and in fact it works!

The only thing which remains to be done is to configure  the KDE floppy
symbol to mount correctly the device. I will try this.

Thanks