Latest Orinoco drivers

Hi,

I think that the orinoco drivers in the current kernel are pretty old;
the development drivers at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/orinoco/
are under constant development, and have many new features (in
particular scanning and the likes).

So my questions are:
1) Is there anyone packaging these sources, to make it easier
for the rest of us to compile recent modules (some analogue of the
"alsa-sources" package)?
2) I have been doing exactly that for my own convenience.  So if the
answer to 1 is no, should I try to get this package public, and how?
(I am not a member of the Debian project at the moment.)

Thanks,
Itay