Re: AMD vs. Intel

martin f krafft wrote:
I wasn't the one initiating the cross-post. Don't shoot me.

also sprach Antony Gelberg <antony@antgel.co.uk> [2004.04.08.0155 +0200]:

Just to throw some weight behind this, this solution has worked
for me on several Athlon / nForce servers I've built.  I just
removed APIC from the kernel completely.

How? In 2.6 kernels I can't find an option...

You can pass apic=off or noapic on the kernel command line.
If you reconfigure the kernel it is in "Processor type and features ---> [ ] Local APIC support on uniprocessors "

-Roberto Sanchez