Re: gdm problem - no sessions

The Problem is that /etc/gdm/Sessions/* aren't read anymore, from now on
sessionfiles should go into /etc/dm/Sessions/ (but as far as I can see
part of them go into /usr/share/xsessions/. At least gnome.desktop did)
So you'll have to wait untill all Packages, providing some sessionfile,
got updated to use the new path and the new fileformat (*.desktop).

I read that it is possible to use the kdm sessionfiles in gdm but I
can't remember where I read that. I believe it was some Debian bug
report filed on gdm but as I said I'm not quite sure.

Part of /usr/share/doc/gdm/changelog.Debian.gz:
<snip>
* With the new Xsession.in that uses the Xsession.d dir to start up, and
the /etc/dm/Sessions dir supported by kdm and gdm for programs to
indicate they should be on the session list, all that's needed is those
programs to supply desktop files for /etc/dm/Sessions (closes: #84396)
</snip>

You could also have a look on some of the bug reports
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=gdm&archive=no
At least some of them helped me.

MfG
Marcel