gdm problem - no sessions

This is not laptop specific, but maybe there is someone that can shed a
little light anyway.  I think this problem might have started when I did
an upgrade and gdm was upgraded.  under the sessions menu, there is
nothing but last, the default session, failsafe gnome, and failsafe
terminal.  I cannot get back into my gnome setup.  I thought maybe I
selected the 'replace config scripts' during the upgrade, but when I
looked in /etc/gdm/ and cp the gdm.conf to gdm.conf.old, then moved the
gdm.conf.dpkg-dist to gtdm.conf and restarted gdm the problem was not
alleviated.

Anyone know where I need to start?

Thanks,

rdc

--
Robert D. Crawford
rdc1x@comcast.net

...it could be well said that a country, preserved at the sacrifice
of all the cardinal principles of liberty, is not worth the cost of
preservation. Happily, it is not so.
		       EX PARTE MILLIGAN (1866)