Re: What is ACPI, exactly?

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:42:20AM +0700, arief# wrote:
> Dear Bruno,
>

> On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 02:11, Bruno Ducrot wrote:
>
> > I guess you are using S1 for suspend to ram.  Well, S1 is 'standby', not
> > suspend-to-ram, and it is expected that at least for that one DPMS is
> > used.
> >

> Not sure, but I did use echo -n "mem" > /sys/power/state to activate the
> 'suspend' feature.
>
> My Hardware IBM Thinkpad T30, using Kernel 2.6.4 vanilla, have also
> tried Debian 2.6.3 kernel.
>
> Is lspci -v -v -v output be helpful for diagnosis?
> Or should I forward this to acpi-devel?

I think that you should forward that to acpi-devel.  Unfortunately, that
is more or less a well known issue.  I'm not sure that someone
(includinig me btw) will answer you other than 'we know that already try
dpms' and so on.  AFAIK, someone try to work on that perticular issue by
implementing an ACPI video driver, but I don't know when he will finish
that work.

Cheers,

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.