Re: Middle mouse button on Toshiba Satellite S5100?

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 12:11:54PM +0100, Nicolas Dely wrote:
> Hello, there is something intereseting to do, If you want to use middle
> button : it's called xkbset. With xmodmap you set the keycode of ms-menu
> or ms-window and you assign this keycode to keysyms Pointer_Button2
> Pointer_Drag2, and with 'xkbset m' you enable mapping mouse button on
> keyboard and with 'xkbset exp m' you disable timeout. You are able to use
> this key like you middle mouse button.

Thanks for this hint, this sounds interesting indeed. However, I have
not been able to put it to work; maybe I didn't understand your suggestion
entirely correctly. I did

    xkbset m
    xkbset exp m
    xmodmap -e 'keycode 115 = Pointer_Button2 Pointer_Drag2'

After that, the "Windows" key, which is normally dead with my X setup
but produces keycode 115 (as determined by xev) works like a middle
mouse button.

The real middle button, however, remains dead. Using xev, I found that
pressing the middle button does not generate any event.

So, how do I get the middle mouse button to generate "ms-window"
keypress / keyrelease events?

Greetinx, Jan
 |    *NEW*    email: kim@inb.uni-luebeck.de                          |
 |    *NEW*    WWW:   http://www.inb.uni-luebeck.de/staff/kim.html    |