Re: which process is accessing my hard drive?

Le 12478ième jour après Epoch,
Matt Price écrivait:

> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 10:49:26AM -0700, Brett Johnson wrote:
>> Another thought:  Are you running a journaling file system (i.e. ext3,
>> reiserfs, etc...)?  If so, then kjournald will be running and will
>> periodically write to the disk to keep its journal up to date.
>>
> I'd thought of that and checked -- it's ext2, at least according to
> fstab.

Don't forget atime... When ext2/ext3 file is accessed, the atime value
is modified.

I use "/bin/mount xxx -o remount,noatime" when on battery, and restore
to normal when power.

--
In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death -- even vegetarians.
		-- Spock, "Wolf in the Fold", stardate 3615.4