Re: Synaptics in 2.6.X

> If after a start of Linux 2.6.1 or 2.6.2 I let my notebook
> perform a warm restart, it does not matter which Linux is
> booting next: tapping still won't work. I need to turn it off
> and on again (and then use Linux <= 2.6.0).
Hmm could be the same problem I had. I once had my TP working under 2.6
but some reboots later I couldn't get it to work anymore.

but then I changed the XF86Config for the Synaptics TP form the IMPS/2
protocol to the event protocol.
you can find out which device it is with looking at
/proc/bus/input/devices
for me event1
So I changed the Device to /dev/input/event1
and everything works fine so far.
--
Paul Bettinger                                             /'^'\
                                                          ( o o )