Re: Synaptics in 2.6.X

Paul Bettinger wrote (Sun 2004-Feb-08 14:31:52 +0100):

> but then I changed the XF86Config for the Synaptics TP form the IMPS/2
> protocol to the event protocol.
> you can find out which device it is with looking at
> /proc/bus/input/devices
> for me event1
> So I changed the Device to /dev/input/event1
> and everything works fine so far.

Not for me. :-(  I'm usually not running X, so gpm is what I'm
after. Running 2.6.0, I can have gpm listen on /dev/psaux or
/dev/input/mice, using imps2 or ps2 just fine. Running 2.6.1 or
2.6.2, I don't get any tapping from the touchpad. Moving the
cursor around works as always, using the buttons works, too.

Using the eventX devices didn't really work at all. While I can
"cat" them and see something going on, they don't seem to like
gpm. :-)

Cheers, Marcus

--
   Marcus C. Gottwald  ·  http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~gottwald/