Re: Synaptics in 2.6.X

> If that is ok I think you need to install the Synaptics driver for XFree
> from http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/index.html,
> download version 0.12.3 and follow the instructions in INSTALL.
>

> Hope this helps
>
> Jürgen

Yes, I think my touchpad is detected. dmesg gives me:

mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
Synaptics Touchpad, model: 1
Firmware: 4.2
Sensor: 8
new absolute packet format
input: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad on isa0060/serio1

I've already tried to install the driver you mentioned,
synaptics-0.12.3.tar.bz2. The problem is, when I do "make" the compilation
fails, lots of compilation errors!!!! Don't know why...

Filipe