Re: Synaptics in 2.6.X

----- Original Message -----
From: "Juergen Stuber" <stuber@loria.fr>
To: <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2004 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: Synaptics in 2.6.X

> Hi Filipe,
>
> try giving the boot option "i8042.nomux",
> that helped for me with 2.6.2 on a Thinkpad T30.
>
> "Filipe Santa-Clara" <santa.clara@netcabo.pt> writes:
> >
> > That is a problem!!!! There's no CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_SYNAPTICS in 2.6.1 nor
in
> > 2.6.2!!!
>
> No, that's ok, Synaptics is enabled by default and can be disabled
> by boot options such as "psmouse.proto=imps".
>

> Jürgen

Well, i8042.nomux did nothing! Maybe the problem is elsewhere. I find it
strange that, in kernel configuration they speak of the driver psmouse, but
in XF86Config-4 file, in Section InputDevice, on the Driver field I find
"mouse".  Probably it is an alias for something else, since I tried change
it to "psmouse" with no luck...
I am getting pretty desperate! So Jurgen, could you give me a glimps of
you're XF86Config-4 and lilo.conf files please :)...

THX

Filipe