Re: IBM Thinkpad T40 XWin problems

Josh Grant <jgrant@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> I am installing Debian on an IBM Thinkpad T40 with a ATI Radeon 7500
> AGP(LW).  I successfully installed, except for the fact that when I
> try to boot up to XWin, it tells me that I have no devices installed
> and no screens found. Any info/solutions?

I don't think the newer Radeon Mobility chipsets are supported in
XFree86 4.1 (woody) or 4.2 (sarge/sid); you need to come up with a
server from XFree86 4.3.  Right now I'm using the one from Debian
experimental; previously I was just using the tarballs from
xfree86.org unpacked in /usr/local.

	-- Abra Mitchell