Re: IBM Thinkpad T40 XWin problems

Josh Grant <jgrant@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> I am installing Debian on an IBM Thinkpad T40 with a ATI
> Radeon 7500
> AGP(LW).  I successfully installed, except for the fact that
> when I try to
> boot up to XWin, it tells me that I have no devices
> installed and no
> screens found. Any info/solutions?

This takes no time, so you could try it anyway. You can always undo!

Try modconf as root, and under /drivers/char/agp then put on agpart.
Also, try 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86' as root, and then say yes or no to kernel framebuffering.

With a little tweaking you should be able to startx

Denne mail er sendt via Mail på TDC Online.
- Få en gratis freemail mailboks på http://mail.tdconline.dk

TDC Bredbånd er lynhurtigt internet til fast pris uanset forbrug
- Læs mere på http://track.adform.net/C/?bn?33