Re: IBM Thinkpad T40 XWin problems

Hello!

Josh Grant wrote:
I am installing Debian on an IBM Thinkpad T40 with a ATI Radeon 7500 AGP(LW). I successfully installed, except for the fact that when I try to boot up to XWin, it tells me that I have no devices installed and no screens found. Any info/solutions?

-=Josh G=-
jgrant (at) andrew (dot) cmu (dot) edu

I think you refer to X11 (one should not call it XWin, may confuse somebody
;-) ).
Anyway, have a look at the logs at /var/log/XFree86.0.log .
Furthermore look at the output of lspci, and check your config file as
mentioned in the XFree86.0.log file (usually the X11 config file is located at
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 for current versions of debian (using XFree86 4.x) ).
If you do not find something strange or do not know how to handle this
further, let us know (and include in your post the things I mentioned above).

Bye, Martin Bock