Re: Laptop booting

My second problem: When I close the lid on my laptop, which is an IBM
Thinkpad iSeries 1400, it goes to sleep. I will still be able to open
it and continue my work, but several processes have been stopped or have freezed. Example: my eth0 disappears, which makes it necessary to login as root and restart my networking script, and aumix stops, indicated by the high noise caused by interferens. How can I configure my ACPI/APM module to go to sleep when I close my
lid and start up as it was before it went to sleep?

If you're using APM then you can create scripts for apmd in /etc/apm/scripts.d/, symlinked from /etc/apm/{suspend,resume}.d in the same style as /etc/rc?.d. From there you control the sequence that the scripts are run and you can [un]load modules and stop/start programs in the right order during suspend and resume.

Dimitris.