How to mount and access ntfs partition as regular user

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Linux, and have installed debian woody release 2 with the bf24 kernel on my notebook alongside a windows xp ntfs partition (which resides on hda1). I enabled ntfs support in the kernel during installation, but I'm not sure how to get access to the ntfs partition for non-root users. I've done some google searches, and it looks like I have to edit the /etc/fstab file, but I'm missing something because I still can't access the xp partition.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim