Re: How to mount and access ntfs partition as regular user

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 06:43:43PM -0700, Tim Folger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm fairly new to Linux, and have installed debian woody release 2 with
> the bf24 kernel on my notebook alongside a windows xp ntfs partition
> (which resides on hda1). I enabled ntfs support in the kernel during
> installation, but I'm not sure how to get access to the ntfs partition
> for non-root users.  I've done some google searches, and it looks like I
> have to edit the /etc/fstab file, but  I'm missing something  because I
> still can't access the xp partition.

I think the following line should do it:
/dev/hda1     /mnt        ntfs   umask=0222      0       0

you may need to put default,umask=0222 I think the default is
implied. You can change /mnt to wherever you want it mounted.

You do know that currently there is no write support to ntfs,
its read only.