Re: cursor problem please help!!!!!

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 05:25:58PM -0500, Adile@aol.com wrote:

> just got a toshiba laptop because we had this wretched little compaq (that we
> will now drive over with an SUV and crush to a fine dust). the compaq had
> this nefarious little quirk... as you passed the cursor over anything, an icon or
> text, it would, as IT chose, select said icon (opening things left and right)
> or said text (highlighting blocks of text) without you clicking on them. it
> was extraordinarily disruptive, as it did it constantly.

If you change the hardware but the problem persists, the problem might
be in the software. Did you install the same programs to this new
laptop that you were running on the old? Then one of them may cause
the problem. Perhaps you have copied a virus to the new laptop?

Try also fixing the annoying problem of your keyboard not writing
uppercase characters.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio.Lehtonen@IKI.FI