Re: orinoco_cs problem/question

:I have a Linksys wireless card that uses the orinoco_cs pcmcia driver.
:The card works fine (for a while) and then I begin to get a huge
:number of errors in the syslog of the form:
:
:Aug 31 11:15:35 hoth kernel: eth1: error -110 reading Rx descriptor.
:Frame dropped.
:Aug 31 11:15:35 hoth kernel: eth1: Error -110 writing Tx descriptor to
:BAP
:Aug 31 11:15:36 hoth last message repeated 435 times
:Aug 31 11:15:36 hoth kernel: hermes @ IO 0x100: Timeout waiting for
:command completion.
:Aug 31 11:15:36 hoth kernel: hermes @ IO 0x100: Error -16 issuing
:command.

:I believe this is due to the driver rahter than an issue with the card
:itself as I had this occur with a friend's wireless card as well.

It is the card's fault. It cannot cope with how fast the data
flows in and out, that's the -110 error. The driver can try to
workaround this, if it knows it's such a card, but ...

Try upgrading the firmware.

	Jan